Thursday, October 22, 2009

Snooty people

So I haven't posted in awhile because our laptop was acting out and we had to send it to the company to be fixed. So all we have is our iPod which is really annoying to type on but I figured I would suffer through it since it's still going to be awhile till we are reunited with our computer again.
This week has been a great one so far... I had Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday off which isn't good for our funds but it's been good to have a lot of time with Clifford. Monday we visited some art galleries which was really fun and in the first one we bought two prints! Our first pieces of art! It was a larger store and the workers were pretty snooty which made me want to change my mind and not buy anything. Since we weren't buying several hundreds of dollars worth of stuff we got crappy service and had to wait forever for someone to check us out!
Tuesday we went out again and explored Lake Oswego. They are a bunch of fancy pants too!! We ended up going to ikea and Clifford saw the magic of it!! He was won over by the 50 cent hotdogs! We didn't buy anything but got some good ideas.
Wednesday Clifford "went deaf" for a class project. It's been really difficult since I don't know much sign. I really sympathize with the deaf and loved ones of the deaf. It's so hard to communicate. Also we watched tv with the sound off and closed captioning which really shows how much sound plays a huge part. It's been great to walk in different shoes but I will be grateful in ten minutes when he can hear again!
I went to the temple with my dad again yesterday! It's been great having him come because it's really gotten me motivated!! I had a goal to go more since we live like 5 min away!
We've made friends with a family in our ward. They were new the same Sunday we were! They are a lot of fun and we've been having game nights with them on Sundays. They have a darling eight month old girl and she really is sooooo cute! We played the Beatles Rockband and she was singing (or making noise haha ) along with her mom and dancing! She just wanted to be a part of it and it was soo cute!
Well I think that's all we've been up to!

0 thoughts: