Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Music

It's been a long year when it comes to the world of music. I remember talking to a companion of my about how our love of music would change post mission. That in the scheme of things it would take less importance as we were blessed with other things in our lives. In some respects that has remained true but little by little the hunger for new music grows. It's not that in that in the days past i've loved music any less but I can't say that I have it playing all the time absorbing the intricate details of each song until it becomes a part of me. I've been making headway thanks in large part to OPB radio's Livewire and In House, Saturday night is a great time to listen to radio. In particular i've tried to expose myself to Portland bands a little more because Brynn and I want to go to more shows but i'm of the mind that I don't want an unknown quantity. I need to know at least one of the bands before venturing forth and buying tickets (being poo' college students and all). One thing i've been drawn to is more of a country/folk aspect, twanging guitars and all. I heard the band Blue Giant the other day and though i'm not completely enthralled with them I did really fall in love with down tempo, easy going guitars. Which reminds me that I need to pick up Monsters of Folk which includes Portland's old M. Ward long favorite of mine. Speaking of music I just posted a very long archive of my old blog, the Wonderful World O' Magic. It was about the time (2005) that I really got into a lot of the music that i'm into today forming the basis of my tastes today.

0 thoughts: