Saturday, October 24, 2009

Good to be back

Got our laptop back... FINALLY! It was a bit of a surprise since it shipped the 21st we were counting on it getting here the 27th but we're not complaining. The computer still is carrying the little "consider replacing your battery" which merits concern (and a phone call on Monday) but one thing they seemed to repair was the jet engine that had become the exhaust fan. This thing ran so hot and blew so hard it must have been overheating but since I had seen laptop coolers for sale and had heard from others about HP's running hot I thought it was the norm. It's been an interesting experience buying my first laptop because i've always subscribed to the desktop power club but now that laptops have really closed the gap I thought it was time. Will I buy another HP? I don't know. Was not impressed with the customer service (especially since it was in India), I had a difficult time really communicating though we were speaking the same language.

They treated me as though I knew nothing and I had to call them out before repeating the same exercises over again (really doesn't anyone take notes there?)
We're going to a Haunted House tonight....so excited!

0 thoughts: