Wednesday, October 28, 2009

From the first day of ASL 103

I find it odd that the fourth row down, out of only six is where the first guy sits. Only a handful are here in a room dwarfed by a sea of women but my choice to si the furthest up necessitates the question as to the feeling of my brethren. I wish I had a private way to post, to keep record of what's inside. going into a higher class (ASL 103) I have many misgiving of what is expected of me. As a CODA I fear that my ill treatment of a language that I was given will lead to may different hardships brought on by my neglect. Through a lack of use and the circumstances I have been in I no longer have the confidence that my hand will be able to overcome the bad habits they have learned, the lethargic nature which lulls them to sleep, that the fluidity of sign will be foreign, a stranger in their eyes.

0 thoughts: