Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What's happening

Methinks it's time for us to go back to posting maybe two or three times a week. Just a time and energy kind of thing.
Working more and more in hopes of getting the Kid's Play program off the ground before this fall no matter what may happen. I think the potential for it's success is bright and I hope to be able to add that shining jewel to my resume. Just entails a lot of work and i'm definitely putting in the hours at the coal mine which has led to some discussion of balance at home. Which is the eternal plight of the poor college students and to think I wouldn't say that we waste it on random things but rather will be paying the incoming debt (school loan, saving to buy a new car) it unfortunately means working to live. These next few months will be critical as we look to downsize to a one bedroom (we are paying about $100 for an extra room that we use as a storage closet) which means moving, apply for the FASFA for the next fall, and all the while try to squirrel away money little by little but in the end we are so fortunate to be blessed with so much.
Went and saw "Sherlock Holmes" for date night which led to another "Star Trek" where I found Brynn quietly nestled on my arm enjoying the movies they show in dreamland. As for the movie itself... it was ok. Enjoyable but one that you wait for the cheap theaters to pick it up which leads me to some sad news. For the time being the Joy Theater is out of commission which is a shame because the world is in need of more cheap theaters. It's hard to justify why going to the movie should cost $10 aside from the fact that theater owners need some dough to pay for their extravagant buildings. Now granted I dig the stadium seating and reclining seats but when given the choice I think I can bear the terror of sitting in an old padded seat to save seven bucks, sorry Regal. On the way into Cinemagic we ran into Katie coming out which was nice, funny how the city seems to stretch when your life runs out of time to do things. So Katie, you're so grown up now with your teaching job yet you will always be an old woman to me. IDWTTA.
The Cougars are 0-2 after a valiant performance that saw us give it away at the end 3-4 against Chaos Coed, the top team in our division. I believe it was a matter of our motors running out of gas. Luckily this week we get another shot at Umlauts who I think we can hang with and reclaim some Beaverton Stake pride.

0 thoughts: