Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A weekend of fun


Pictures from this last weekend which share a little of the fun to be had in good ol' Portland Oregon. It all started with my companion in the PCC bathrooms which I got to admit brought me a chuckle. Then as paraded downtown looking for a bus home I got held up by a Trimet transit emergency initiated by the kind fellow seated in the wheelchair. As the story goes while the number 12 was making it's way over westbound over the Burnside Bridge he was acting funny and when the driver asked him if he was ok only to have him a few minutes later pee on the bus and pass out. From the spot where I took the picture I could smell the alcohol that may have contributed to the situation. After that an extra bus was dispatched in order to whisk away the mob that lined the street only to turn us into the bus from Speed, because if we went anywhere under 50 miles per hour we could probably see clearly the obscene gestures and foul language directed our way as the bus sped along without stopping (we were filled to the gills and I am thankful I got out from that sardine can alive). One of the highlights of the weekend was testing my mettle in the game of futsal. More like the outdoor version of the "Beautiful Game" where there are out of bounds lines it is however played on a tiny field (even compared to an indoor arena). Fast paced and you're always running trying to exploit the other's team weakness in order to press the advantage the team I played for (which is Brynn's cousin's husband's Brian team) were able to lay to rest the team that had the previous week defeated them. Well we were able to get off to a fast start and pretty much control the game throughout and I think it ended up 9-4 with two assists and goal from yours truly. What's more that served as a precursor to the following day's indoor game where I notched my first goal of the season (albeit in the motif of Henry) which helped soften the blow of another loss by the Cougars (at least we didn't get goos egg'd) and kept me searching for my first indoor soccer victory (28 games and counting).

Finally a blast from the recent past, I dug up this picture from my phone on the day of my aunt's baptism. Just me and Mr. Mikey hanging out before the service and Frances looking very coyly at the camera.



0 thoughts: