Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Little Big League

My biggest dream is to own a professional sports team. In recent years it's developed a little more thoroughly as I want to own the Timbers. Long has baseball been my official pastime, the Yanks my team, the Volcanoes the team I would end up buying. But now has come the time with soccer that i've grown an insatiable appetite for the game that can only be satisfied by being part of the magic that is the Portland Timbers. Brynn and I were talking about our dreams (you know the one... where a million dollars fall into your laps and suddenly you're free from all the drudgery that spurs the desire for that particular dream) and we the topic fell on the Timbers and where I would be sitting and there is no question, given the choice to be there all season I would be in the north end with the Timbers Army. So when news came that the city council has approved that sees PGE Park being renovated to a soccer specific stadium and home to the newest team to join the MLS I am happy to see that it is my team will become a permanent fixture upon the sporting skyline here in Stumptown. And who knows maybe one day I will run into Hank Scorpio and i'll wake up one morning to find that I have a team left out in my front yard and I would take anything... well anything but the Shittle Flounders....

0 thoughts: