Monday, January 11, 2010

We are in deep

Switched to Chrome... dang it.

Today was a big step for us as a couple... we got our Costco card
and after dropping cash at Winco we ended up buying what amounts to our year's supply of groceries and then some. We ended this American ritual of excess with a little song and dance tradition I call "the Pizza Shuffle". There are some things that never cha
nge and that is my love of the pie from the sky but it was so weird to scarf a few slices with anything on top because every time I went with my dad (tradition that I love more than the shopping trips themselves and one of my happiest moments was a few months after I got back we got to take Michael out for a day with the guys and I believe I was the first to share the sweet morsel that is pizza with my favorite nephew) favored our taste buds with some cheesy tastiness. When you get married it's weird what carries over from your life and what bonds you begin anew but I hope this will remain a strong part of who we are, making sure to spend time with our family, regroup ourselves wherever we may be and share in the endeavor that is life.
But as it seems in the big box that is Costco. The parade of good feelings ended when we had towithdraw cash from an ATM to pay for the pizza which tasted a bit off in the first place (I think they may have changed their sauce and put on less cheese, another sign of treason, for shame Costco, for shame). And to think for all the money we spent buying food there we didn't even hit the middle of the store where all the goodies are (though Brynn had to tear me away from the many big tv's when we first got in.) I love Costco because everything just tastes better in bulk.

In other news we have teamed up with a few members of our ward to form a coed momo team over at SoccerPlex. If there are any aspiring Mia Hamm's who read this we need the bodies.

1 thoughts:

Trevor Holms Petersen said...

Congrats on Chrome, I also made the switch. Plus, where is the soccerplex? Can you give me an addy?