Thursday, January 14, 2010

Count it...

Well it's going down and Conan is really getting after NBC and Jay Leno. They deserve it Coco is my guy. I hope they get the message.

Brynn and I are taking a measure of time to veg out instead of doing actual important things. Oh well, worth it now though we'll regret it in the morning.

A few of us from the Maplewood ward have gotten together in order to form a Coed indoor soccer team that plays on Saturdays but we are still looking for some women to fill out roster, any takers?

4 thoughts:

Michael Asay said...

Can my wife join your group if we move into the ward? She likes to play goalie. We are actually considering moving to SW PDX and are curious about the different wards in the area. I'd like to hear any impressions you might have, including differences between the Maplewood and Raleigh Hills wards.

Clifford said...

We do need more women on our team. Brynn and I really like the Maplewood ward and it is growing mightily. It almost feel as though a family moves in every week especially young couples. Usually they come in with a kid or expecting their first, so we have a lot of people our age (24 and 21). All the quoroms and groups seem very involved and on top of their game. We love the area because it is close to just about everything including the city. Where are you coming from? Are you looking to rent a home or an apartment? Buy?

Michael Asay said...

We hail from South Salem and have three kids. I've been working in PDX for what seems forever, and the commute is killing me. We need to sell our house first. Wife wants to rent someplace and check out different 'hoods, while I'd rather just pick the right place the first time--which is easier for me since I've been working in Portland since 2003 and feel I know the place well enough. We might ward-shop on the stealth, so beware :) I appreciate the insight.

Clifford said...

The ward would be a good fit for your family, I could ask around to see what areas are good for buying a house. If you want to use google maps we have quite a few people who have landed in the garden home area (cross street is Olsen Rd. which runs into Beaverton). My wife and I house shop (a favorite pastime) around Multnomath Village which is right next to where we live. I am originally from West Salem and no matter where you end up in Portland we could always use more players.