Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Shake down

Well I started perusing youtube and the googledom in order to being my education in the internet of today. As you know several of items on my bucket list include being able to code my Quidditch game and learn how to design and put up websites. In working with the website for Salem Indoor I have come to appreciate the simplicity and beauty of other websites. Looking around the vast 'net I can't say that many indoor soccer places offer a easy ride through their sites. Most are ugly (the the former place of employment which must not be named still has Beavis kicking a soccer ball), information cluttered and improperly maintained because it's takes some hefty money to commission a user friendly site and once it's done no one knows how to take care of it. That's where I hope to fill a void starting with Salem Indoor Soccer. Now i'm partial to the group of people who work there and I want to be able to do anything I can to make it a better place because they just are like family. I think a lot of people in Salem are missing out on a fantastic place to be able to gather and have fun and I think an attractive website would help steer people in that direction. This is really my test case both in being able to learn new tricks and taking the time to knock off things off my bucket list so that all of tomorrow is spent looking back at past today's. I want to find out if I have the chops in order to continue to try my hand improve the overall internet presence of the indoor soccer world in Oregon which by extension is part of the game I love so much. So I press forward through the jungles of the internet, clearing out the weeds, and hopefully a few months you will be looking at a changed man.

0 thoughts: