Friday, December 4, 2009

Things I like.

I've been looking around and there are things that I like, that are amazing, and just make a person happy.

* Walking around on your phone being unobtrusive and being able to kick piles of leaves (they hadn't been raked) and just hearing the sound of the leaves swishing, scrapping, and fluttering by your feet. Also not having my phone. The other day I couldn't find my phone (I had left it on silent and apprently it snuck under the couch) and it was glorious. Now Brynn and I have had this conversation over and over but, I do appreciate the convienence of the phone but it's good to know that there are times in which the world can't get at you.

* Holiday spirit. Admittedly I may be a grinch at sometimes (like when it comes to putting up decorations, I want to see nothing before December 1st) but I love the way Brynn gets so into the holiday. I did get my way but she has pressed forward and Father Time has aided her cause and she now flutters about in full Christmas mode. And I love semis with wreaths on their grills. Classic.

* Children having fun. I love when kids go to classes/practices (whether it may be my soccer class or a ballet class on campus) they are in it for the fun. Yes they may pick up a skill here and there but when a child tells their parents that their excited to go to _______, it is because they know they can be themselves and have fun. That why I love what I do.

0 thoughts: