Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Just about finished

One more final to go and what an awesome feeling. Life is peachy and all I have to do is work and sit back and relax until next term. Each of the finals went pretty well all that is left is my ASL final which should be good. Too bad it is conflicting with my sister's graduation from her CNA program. I wish her the best and I am very proud of her. It showed great resolve to do what it takes to get an education and do right by herself and for Michael. Now if only she would get an interpreter...
Been itching somewhat as I have started teaching on a weekly basis and had special circumstance to go down to Salem and get a few classes in. I want to move up. I have been teaching for about eight years now and I think I have what it would take to manage a program. What's exciting about SoccerPlex is that there isn't one but rather a smattering of classes. With what I learned down in Salem (thank you James, Jimmy, and Vern) I think I have the chops to do well. I won't lie in saying the motivation also dwells on money which has been on my mind a lot recently, mainly how we plan on paying for school for Brynn. Next fall it won't be much of problem because goodness knows we will be filling out the FASFA come the turn of the year but that still leaves two terms that we will have to take a loan out. Thankfully Brynn is a much more committed student that I and a loan for her is a good hands and will go over much better than my previous experience.
I love OPB music. One of the discoveries I have made aside from their fantastic Saturday evening programming is their in studio sessions that they post on the web. What is wonderful is that they include lots of local Portland bands that often bring the noise appearing in the Willamette Weekly and Portland Mercury but that I never get the chance to vet for because either I am too busy, too poor, or a combination of both.
Tree day is almost here. We had a little setback as the Boy Scout troop that was supposed to be selling trees at SoccerPlex never materialized on Saturday so we continue to be treeless to Brynn's chagrin. We have just about everything else ready to go including our first stand and I think Brynn has set her heart on a spot right by the couches just as you come in (displacing my stalwart drum set and guitars). I think tomorrow we will end up venturing to Swan Island but I was able to pick up a farm guide so we will see.
Cheap deal going on next Saturday the 19th, we are having a X-Treme Hot Chocolate Party at our house. We have some Stephen's and because of the recommendation of Britt and Brett we will pick up some more delicious drinks in addition to our wonderful flavor enhancers of hazelnut syrup, candy canes, and marshmallows. Feel free to come and to bring your favorites, we are going to have games and of course what would it be without a Christmas movie.

0 thoughts: