Friday, December 4, 2009

My battle...

I have spent the last fifteen minutes in a sort of bemused/bored battle with Facebook ads. You all of course have seen the "x" the adorns the upper right hand corner of any Facebook ad but the question is, have you clicked on it? It'll offer you some options as to why you don't want the ad to be shown, all pretty generic fare until you reach the selection for "other". The surprise that holds... how wonderful, wonderful enough to pass fifteen minutes of my life clicking on ad after ad so I could fill in the box and think of clever things (and less than clever things) to espouse my opinion about the ad. All because I know someone will read it and wonder, "What mental malfunction does this guy have?" Well i'll tell you. I have a job that is very cyclical in nature where for stretches I will think about gouging my eyes out just to have something to do and the next minute be slammed by five hundred people who want millions of different things and they wanted it five minutes ago. Anyway fun little exercise (especially after I scored three Pizza Schmizza ads, it's like playing the slot machines) and I am happy to have gone through it for you so that you can move onto bigger and better things.

PS I know this post will ironically show up on Facebook... so aware.

0 thoughts: