Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Alas the mighty Zornanus has fallen!

My bad luck continues. No matter the cool event that I procure whether from the dark recesses of my mind or the shady corners of the web I just can't seem to get a cool adventure off the ground. Whether it's "mystery" soda at Safeway, a free show at the planetarium, or finding scaries at the Deaf school I think I can claim that I am the king of misadventure. Alas there was no screening Gentleman Broncos last night as the woman in the turquoise raincoat informed us that the studio had canceled it at the last minute. Darn, darn, darn! We did end up going to the most exquisite restaurant (to at least try one time, a bit on the expensive side but well worth the experience) the Claim Jumper. After bypassing the twenty minute wait by choosing to eat outside (not to bad considering the massive space heaters hanging over the table). Their food for the most part is anything to get excited about but the dessert... simply fantastic! We ordered the I declair eclair which is a massive eclair filled with custard, situated on a brick of ice cream, and surrounded by a fortress of whipped cream. Only ten dollars it's well worth the price (you are basically buying a cake) and definitely it's something you need a small army help to finish.

Worst of all as I typed post this morning I wandered over to Wilco's website to get info about their show in February at the Schnitz. SOLD the heck OUT! Which makes this day already rate a one. Maybe I shouldn't have even gotten out of bed. What makes me even more bitter (which I am prone to become) is the fact that other shows aren't sold out thus raising the sentiment that those cities don't deserve such a precious band. My message to Canada and the Midwest... a plague on both your houses.

0 thoughts: