Friday, September 25, 2009

Woooo weee

Finally finished the week per se and I couldn't be happier.

I went into this first week of school pretty sure of myself and feeling I had picked the right balance of classes, a mix of doing what I need to do (ASL, Spanish) with what I want to do (Graphic Design.) Well a few kinks (like not being able to continue in the GD program this winter unless I took and passed another two courses) and nights spent worrying as I lived life on the wait list. But after quite a bit of finagling I think I ended up in the right spot (though with an armload of more books.... goodbye financial aid) and on course to enter the ITP program by next fall (crossing my fingers).

A few highlights... my Deaf studies class is taught by Champ from Anchorman and one of the interpreters is Alec Baldwin.



It's a great class and one thing that I have been very impressed with is that all my ASL teachers have been Deaf which will help give me added insight into what is expected of me as I hope to be successful in working within the Deaf community. Still havemy reservations. Of those in my classes I would say about 80 percent raised their hands to respond to the question of who wanted to be a interpreter. The thing is that entrance into the ITP program you have to demonstrate the skills necessary to be only one of twenty five admitted into the program per year. Odds are slim... yikes!

1 thoughts:

Unknown said...

If you want to go into the ITP program you just have to do your best and apply. Be confidant and plan on success. You will then be able to capitalize on whatever happens.