Sunday, August 16, 2009

Things and such

Well the gauntlet is over. Two talks, one priesthood lesson, and I think I am done for the year. No more talks… right? Not likely but there is always hope.

On the job front went to a camp up in Portland hosted by the SoccerTots program that i’m going to be working for. What a gorgeous area it was in. Immediately after the class I started looking for places to live because it was filled with classic homes with the big porch out front and seemingly all of them had been turned into duplexes.

image

Salem apparently was having another fiesta this weekend with their “Summer in the City” wine and music festival. It featured four pavilions that were in the street with each following a certain theme. We took the time to try out gelato from Napoleon's only to come away vastly disappointed. I would put it at a cross between ice cream and frozen yogurt but after going to a field trip to Coldstones this week with my YMCA kids this couldn’t hold a candle (btw… the waffle cones at Coldstones are the worst, in my opinion. Not worth the extra investment).

0 thoughts: